Soft sKills dIgitaL Learning for the ICT workforce
In a rapidly changing socio-economic environment, the importance of transversal and collateral skills, as opposed to the “hard”, strictly technical ones, is rising at a steady pace. Yet, the demand of managers and employees possessing such soft skills is not met with a corresponding offer of adequately trained people. Moreover, most ICT small to medium enterprises (SMEs) and micro-firms cannot afford soft skills training programs especially in these difficult times. The project SKILL aims to address the soft skills gap and increase the competitiveness of ICT SMEs and micro-firms.
The activities of the project through which the partnership aims to reach this goal are divided in several steps that will lead each to a specific result:
- Identify soft skills shortages and knowledge gaps in the ICT sector through a needs analysis that will be conducted in all the partner countries.
- Design and develop a soft skills curriculum for ICT employees and entrepreneurs that incorporates open pedagogies and define desired participant soft skill competencies, such as critical thinking, collaboration, and problem-solving, and will specify the desired learning outcomes.
- Design, develop, and deliver online digital soft skill learning resources for educators along with training on the most effective methodology to approach the theme with their students.
- Design and develop digital soft skills learning scenarios, based on the proposed curriculum: This will help to enhance engagement and involvement of the learners. Learners will be required to apply their subject knowledge, critical thinking, and problem solving skills in real-world scenarios.
- Design and develop simulations and mini games used for the development of soft skills in the ICT sector based upon the proposed learning curriculum. These processes are particularly important in soft skills training, as they enable the employee to make decisions, act upon them, and witness the outcomes in a virtual environment rather than in real life, where a wrong decision or miscommunication can have an adverse effect.
- Develop an interactive learning area with user-friendly resources using an interface containing all the other resources developed by the project.
- Develop a handbook to guide educators and learners on how to use the products generated from this project and on boosting education digitally.
VITECO will be responsible of the development of the interactive e-learning area and will also provide its experience in the field of gamification during the development of the other resources of the project. Moreover, VITECO will lead the dissemination and communication of the project taking care also of the visual identity of the project and its website.