Innovative Mathematics Learning Software for Migrant Students
The objective of this project is to develop, test and disseminate learning software for teaching mathematics in multicultural and multilingual classrooms. The software will provide teachers training activities focused in particular on migrant students.
This will be done by:
- performing a needs analysis amongst math teachers and teacher trainers
- analyzing existing ICT learning products that have a focus on migrant students
- collecting data about immigrant students in the partner countries
- developing learning software for “motivation and learning” as well as for “practice and assessment”, piloting and testing this software with teachers and school students, and make this software available in all partner languages.
- teaming up with teacher training institutions in other countries to present the software there.
- organizing an international teacher training event with a workshop to introduce teachers to the learning software and show possible classroom uses.
- organizing an international conference as multiplier event to present the project results and to work with teachers and teacher trainers, using the materials.
- disseminating outputs using a wide variety of regional, national, and international dissemination channels.