AR Physics Made for Students
The project ARphymedes has the objective to popularize physics among young people, who, instead, often find it as unattractive, excessively complex and in general unappealing. Such perception has led to a general lack in scientific knowledge by European students which can cause a further skill gap in the future. In order to avoid this, the project aims to:
- increase the engagement of all students in physics education, by providing hands-on opportunities for all students, especially those that are currently under-represented in physics, that on average perform relatively poorly in STEM;
lift the size and average achievements of the group of students using the developed educational book;
eliminate the problems related to material shortage of teachers, to facilitate the preparation of interactive classes.
These objective are obtained by realising several useful resources, namely:
- a student book telling the story of the most important milestones in physics through a highly interactive approach;
- a teacher’s book that contain extensive teaching support materials, instructions, demonstrations, visuals (AR), problems with solutions, challenges for critical thinking, assessment tools, and specialised support;
- an augmented reality enabled application for Android and iOS mobile devices, freely Google Play and App Store consist of a number of modules, milestone of the evolution and the history of physics;
- an online training programme, in line with the actual needs and challenges and for supporting the actual implementation of the student book with the AR application and teachers book developed by the partnership.
VITECO takes care of the graphic layout of all the resources developed by the project, even including the project’s visual identity. VITECO also takes advantage of its expertise in the gamification field to provide precious feedback and support to the partnership in the realisation of the student book and mobile application.